Fat injection or grafting is a technique that is growing in popularity. It is one of the best available well-tolerated fillers and thus has broad applications.
- It is natural-appearing, lasts a long time, and is safe.
- It is effective filler used for changing body contour, revising scars, filling depressions and rejuvenating the hands and face.
- Very commonly used for breast augmentation, penile augmentation & vaginal rejuvenation.
Perhaps most importantly, it spares the patient the inherent risks associated with fillers derived from animals or cadavers.
Dressings may be placed on the injected areas. These dressings may include the use of tapes or compressive-type dressings. Your surgeon may request that you don’t sit or lie on injected areas for a prescribed period. Your surgeon may also instruct you regarding a massage program after the procedure. Swelling and bruising usually resolve within 2 to 3 weeks.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is an ongoing process that requires multiple sessions because it only affects actively growing hair, and not all hair follicles are active at the same time.
- It replaces waxing, electrolysis, shaving and bleaching and provides you minimal discomfort.
- High energy levels are avoided so as to minimize the risk of injury to the adjacent skin.
- A non-invasive, gentle technique that reduces undesirable hair from most parts of the body
Microdermabrasion is effective in reducing fine lines, age spots and acne scars. Each treatment takes from 30 minutes to an hour.
- It provides skin an overall fresh, healthy-looking glow.
- It is effective on all skin colors and types.
Patients may have their skin resurfaced at almost any age. You may have certain characteristics that make you a better candidate for one technique rather than another, or your surgeon may have a preference based on his or her personal experience with the different methods. Your plastic surgeon will carefully examine your skin to determine which resurfacing technique, or combination of treatments, will provide you with the best results. Your skin type, the severity of any sun damage, the extent of uneven pigmentation and the depth of skin imperfections will be evaluated.
- Benefits are relatively long-lasting.
- You can expect that improvements in skin quality and texture achieved by resurfacing will make your complexion appear younger and fresher for many years to come.
Spider Vein Treatment
Spider veins (telangiectasias) are small purple to red blood vessels often visible on the leg, ankle or foot. Occasionally, spider veins will appear on the face. The cause is unknown, but heredity plays a strong role in the development of this condition. Varicose veins may sometimes cause leg discomfort, whereas spider veins are usually pain free.
- No downtime-patients can immediately resume work and all normal activities. But the patient is advised to refrain from vigorous activities for the first 24 hours.
- Little if any discomfort.
- Generally, excellent overall improvement in the appearance is achieved.